For those that know me well, over the years I have participated in various fundraising activities, you name it, I've done it. A few years back, my dear friend had a tragic accident which left him paralyzed and the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability in Putney have continued to guide him on to his path to recovery ever since. As a result, myself and my friends continue to support this sanctuary and have raised atotal of £10k (so far.)
Four years on, this dear friend is learning to walk again and has defied all the odds. As a group we always talk about his progress as a "miracle" yet he only talks about his progress as "determination".
His "determination" to succeed has distilled my belief that if I want to achieve anything I just need to believe. So this year I've decided to become a 5x50 Challenge Ambassador, which means I chose to support the efforts in getting Britain active and fit.
Believe me, I am by no means a gym bunny. I have shifted my alcohol weight however this is only part of my journey. I have pledged to make 50 positive changes this March to live a healthier lifestyle and shake those bad habits! This campaign allows me to raise money for a charity close to my heart and get fit in the process.
Initially, I thought you could ask you all to sponsor me, then I thought what bigger impact could we make? So I am appealing to all my linkedin friend's to join me in this challenge. We have all experienced first hand the struggle "to be healthy" in an office environment...
Here are 10 reasons why you should sign up your office to the 5x50 Challenge:
1) Raise money for a charity close to your heart. You decide.
2) Encourage teamwork, by building a healthy social activity that doesn't involve drinking. You can sign up in groups.
3) Be fully inclusive of all faiths... Everyone can participate.
4) Work as a team to support each other over the 50 day period. Watch your team grow together.
5) Exercise stimulates the brain and increases work productivity. You are guaranteed to get the best out of yourteam.
6) Support mental fitness! Every office should have a focus on their staff's emotional wellbeing.
7) Get those endorphins pumping. For every minute your team is angry you lose 60 seconds of happiness.
8) Statistically, exercise is proven to decrease your sick leave rate within the workplace.
9) Endorse a better work life balance.
10) Most importantly, everyone can participate at all levels, all ages and all abilities.
If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
So I dare you to swap your £5 coffee and croissant for a £5 sign up to become a 2019 challenger. Raise money for a charity close to yourheart and get fit in the process.
5x50 Challenge started with a vision to make people who are inactive become more active. Challengers become part of something that inspires, motivates, encourages you to live a healthier lifestyle. 5x50 Challenges are open to all. Individuals or groups regardless of age, health condition/ disability or fitness level can take part.
10 Newton Terrace
Registered in Scotland.
Company Registration No: SC425530.
Scottish Charity No: SC043921.